The concept of Internet of Things (IoT) is relatively new. It is the new field that has caught everyone’s eye as the upcoming technology. For those of you who are unaware, let me explain this concept:
Any device that has an on off switch and can be connected to the internet forms a part of this network, from your laptop to your toaster, everything can be connected and can be in sync. And all such appliances together form the Internet of Things. This is possible only because of the decreasing price of technology and the increasing penetration of internet in the world and in our lives as well. Though this seems like a very promising field, there are a lot of concerns and asterisks attached to this, the pivotal one being the issue of security. The existing systems in place are not equipped to handle this network. Here are some of the up and coming IoT platforms you should watch out for.
- IBM Cloud :IBM provides its users this platform where they can easily manage their connected devices. They have a very simple UI which can be used with ease. They also offer a free tier for this same service, where you can experiment with their platform before making your decision.
- Smart Living : This is another brilliant IoT platform which is designed specifically for those who are more adept at technology. They also have a team of experts that can give you advice as and when you need it. If you are a developer or a maker this is one platform you should really check out.
- Google Cloud Platform: Like all their other services, Google has managed to provide an excellent IoT platfrom as well. They too are offering a free trial so that you have an experience of the service before you make up your mind. They seem to have a pretty flexible payment plan, where you pay for what you use.
- Jump Wire: If you are a maker and arduino is your choice, using this platform will make your easier by the minute. They offer a free version for upto 5 projects because they want their clients to spend more on their projects rather than paying here.
- Temboo: This platform is like another big fish in the sea. They have a pretty impressive list of clients. They have pre-built processes and pre-shipped libraries in place to make your job easier. From water management to smart cities, it is capable of handling projects of all sizes.